Rough sketch of a great movie scene:
Officer: Do you know how fast you were going?
Chris Farley: Well, this baby has a set of nitro boosters in the back, and I reckon that we can rev this baby up to 170, 180 no problem, so
Officer: Seven. And usually when I tell people to pull over they pull over to the shoulder...
Me: Do you know how many people we played for in Vermont?
Brandon P: I bet the place was packed...
[back to reality]
Five. Five people. And we probably sounded better than we ever had before. And five people heard us. And three of them were Thomas, our superfan, Hedi, our booking agent, and Josh, our sound guy. Score a big win for indef-art.
The turnout was part a consequence of the ridiculous snowstorm we drove through and part a consequnce of how ridiculously lost all of us got on the way there. I'm not going to point fingers because Brandon, Blake, Ricky Rhythms, Evan, Hedi, Josh, and Thomas all have a pretty good idea of where they went wrong. My performance, as always, was sterling. Special thanks to the guys that drove us into Bondville from wherever it is we were. You were our knights in a red pickup truck.
Crazy crap happens in the land of Ben and Jerry:
- Have you ever been lost and flagged someone over to ask them for directions only to have them panic because they thought you were out to kill or rob, so they tell you, "I have to go, there are cats in the car," and speed off into a blizzard?
- Have you ever freestyled so hard that some random guy collapsed in the snow?
- Have you ever had your friend step out of a car and vomit at a gas station at 3:00 in the afternoon?
- Have you ever walked into a McDonald's restroom and had to tell the manager that some guys was passed out in one of his stalls, also at 3:00 in the afternoon?
- Have you ever fallen in love?
That last one didn't happen, as far as I know. If it did, things are going to be kind of awkward in rehearsal the next few days.
Show are coming. We are a good band. Have faith in that, if nothing else.