Sunday, May 22, 2005

It's been a long time/ I shouldn't have left you/ etc.

Long time, no blog. Who reads this? Some people, I think. Whatever the case, I will write again, for writing's sake. Here goes something:

Overdraught was a decent night. The place got double booked and our man Rudy from LoveLifeLess pulled some strings and bashed some heads so we could play at the time we were supposed to play at. Capital. We played a pretty good show, minus a few minor snafus, but given the circumstances - Pat's first gig, we hadn't rehearsed in 2 weeks, Brandon had just gotten off of a plane - it was a good time. People dug the Green Eggs and Ham posters, as I knew they would. Sneetches will come out at out next big show.

I was thoroughly impressed by Colony Underground. The MCs were dope, even without their band, they had a loyal and vocal following, and they were nice guys. I talked a bit with Barry, Colony's bassist (and Audible Mainframe's former bassist - small world) and he was a great guy too. I definitely want to build with these guys.

Schedule for the next few weeks: get organized for recording with the band, write new songs, get some gigs, fix the press kit, gah gah gah gah so much to do faint hit head on floor die. Somewhere in between there I'll be prepping tracks for the solo album. I have reserved some studio time for myself on July 8-9 but I'm thinking I won't be done in time. One of these weekends I'm going to have to do a self-imposed lock-in and just finish some of these tracks. Should be interesting to see how this thing comes out.

The big mo is a little slow right now, but we'll get it back up by fall. Once we get our shit together, watch out. Until then, try not to be around when it hits the fan.

paz
abe

track - mine
book - An Unfortunate Series of Events, by Lemony Snicket. Pure brilliance.

No comments: